How to use mysqldiff in a mixed SSL environment
Posted by: Roy Paterson
Date: November 13, 2014 02:32PM

I'm trying to use the mysqldiff utility to compare databases on two different servers. One server is hosted at Amazon (RDS), and the other server I'm running locally. To connect to the Amazon server I have to specify --ssl-ca <file>. My local server doesn't have SSL set up so I *can't* specify this option.

This puts me between a rock and a hard place - either mysqldiff will connect to one server or the other, but not both.

If I don't specify --ssl-ca then the mysqldiff errors for the RDS server: Access Denied.

If I do specify --ssl-ca then mysqldiff errors for my local server: ERROR: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'localhost:3306', system error: 1 _ssl.c:504: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

Note I can successfully diff two databases running locally (without --ssl-ca) or two databases running on RDS (with --ssl-ca), so I'm confident I'm using mysqldiff correctly.

Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks,
Roy

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to use mysqldiff in a mixed SSL environment
November 13, 2014 02:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.