TCP Connection not working in MYSQL
Posted by: Michael Agosta
Date: December 01, 2015 11:06AM

Hi:

I'm running MariaDB MYSQL on Linux Centos. My servers are behind a VPN/firewall and I use static IP addresses to connect via TCPIP. Our colocation facility just moved my boxes from one physical location to another. I'm live again, but I cannot connect on TCPIP...

I can connect on a local machine via localhost.

So, what could've broken? I did not change any of the standard linux /etc configurations. I can freely SSH using the static IP addresses and a quick check of nma[p -sT <static ip here> is showing port 3306 open, but I'm not sure if that checks the firewall and router properly.

I'm not an IT guy, and my company contracts IT on a very ad hoc basis. What I need is some direction....should I start making noise for the contracter guys to check the firewall/router?

I can get in via the firewall/VPN as my usual login. Once on the server, I can move around and I have root access to my Linux box. I don't control the firewall. Mysql runs just fine on the localhost instance.

Any user set up to run as %, however, gets the error.

THANKS in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
TCP Connection not working in MYSQL
December 01, 2015 11:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.