Re: Indexs after table name changed
Posted by: Martin Ng
Date: June 27, 2016 05:14PM

Hi Rick,
It does not show any errors. I came to be aware when a user(my boss), told me that he wasn't able to search any case records. The search just shows no records, but we know the case is there database. So, I went to check on the information_schema.statistics of the re-named table.
That is how I found out the issue. The named table is not using/showing the indexes associated with it. I was still assoicated to the before-the-change ones. After I have dropped those tables and recreated them, the search is back to normal.
I didn't have this issue before with MS Server and Oracle. Not sure if this is MYSQL's limitation,or if there is something I did wrong that could be avoided. If I need to recreate all indexes (6 of them) , it will take the service unavailable for over an hour to the public. Hope it is something I've missed in MySQL, and someone could point me to avoid it.
Thank you.
Martin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Indexs after table name changed
June 27, 2016 05:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.