MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Test succeeds but then "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Could not determine the driver name..." when linking from Access
Posted by: Ronald Hane
Date: January 08, 2005 11:42AM

I just installed MyODBC-3.51.10-2-win.exe on XP Pro. I've never had any version of MySQL ODBC driver installed on this machine before.

I added a new system DSN and hit the Test button. It passed. Then I tried to add a link from Access. I chose File/Get External Data/Link Tables... I set the file type to ODBC and clicked Link. I clicked the Machine Data Source tab, scrolled down to the name I had given this particular DSN, "gcn", selected it and clicked "OK". I got a dialog saying, "ODBC--call failed". When I clicked OK it put up a message box that reads, "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Could not determine the driver name so could not lookup setup library. (#0)" Changing the name I assigned to the DSN to match the driver, "ODBC 3.51 Driver", doesn't help.

What's wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Test succeeds but then "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Could not determine the driver name..." when linking from Access
January 08, 2005 11:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.