MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: Test succeeds but then "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Could not determine the driver name..." when linking from Access
Posted by: John Montgomery
Date: February 02, 2005 08:22AM

Hi all,

I have just encountered this problem over the last two days. ODBC Setup "Test" works but, in MS Access, upon linking :-
"ODBC - call failed.
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Could not determine the drivername so could not lookup setup library.(#0) "

A client machine has newly installed v.3.51.10.<?>, and cannot access tables, which are accessable from ...most other places using older versions of Connector, (in my case 3.51.06)

None of Excel, Word, or Access, can link to or import the data, from the client's computer. ( WinXP Pro SP1, Access 2000 ). (I presume then the Visio question elsewhere is related.)

The solution offered in this thread, looks promising, I'm just wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of when downgrading? - I read on some message that downgrading to 3.51.06 is "difficult" - but can't find any instructions how to go about this safely, nor indeed from ...10, to ...9 as reported here.

Thanks for any pointers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Test succeeds but then "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Could not determine the driver name..." when linking from Access
February 02, 2005 08:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.