MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost'
Posted by: William Ham
Date: January 12, 2005 11:41AM

I’m using

MySQL 4.1.8 with MyODBC version 3.51.10-2 and a Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 platform.

When trying to open the connection to the MySQL Server via ODBC with ASP I get the following error from the ODBC object "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

When setting up the ODBC driver the connection test was successful, and the drop do that allows you to select a starting table was correctly populated indicating that that connection was genuinely made.

I specified the users name and password for the root user account in the ODBC driver, and so I am unsure as to why the error message appears to be attempting to logon as 'ODBC'. If there needs to be an 'ODBC' user account to allow the ODBC driver to look up other accounts this is not mentioned anywhere.

Hope someone can help, as like a number of people in the forum I am thinking of having to go back to a slightly earlier version of the server and driver.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost'
January 12, 2005 11:41AM
December 30, 2005 01:27PM
January 08, 2006 02:30PM
April 25, 2006 06:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.