MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

ASCII Characters
Posted by: Terry Montgomery
Date: January 25, 2005 12:33PM

Forgive me if this is not the correct place to post this but I have an issue :

I currently have the MySql ODBC connector installed on a Windows 2k server that runs the CISCO ACS software. It is setup to log directly to a MySQL on a remote server. The data that is collected is the login information for remote users. Some users place the domain name ABC\todd.shmo before their login name.

Now there is not wrong with this it's a valid way to authenticate but when it shows up in the database it shows up as ABCtodd.shmo. Then if someones first letter of their login name happens to be an ASCII control character it removes the letter and places a space, or tab or whatever in it's place ABC odd.shmo.

I've looked in the odbc connector information and there is no mention of ignoring field information and I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've verified that it's the latest version also. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ASCII Characters
January 25, 2005 12:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.