MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Problems with MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.19
Posted by: rgb sky
Date: August 27, 2007 07:06AM

Good evening,

I have the following problem.

I have a linux server with Mysql database, I want to connect from a Remote Host (windows 2000 and MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.19) to the Mysql database installed on this server. I need to use the SSL function supporting by Mysql. I have the correct configure with my.cnf and get the correct Certificates by using OpenSSL. At the Linux server, "mysql" and "mysqld" got the good job: by the command "show variables like 'have_openssl'" I got the display of "HAVE_OPENSSL | YES". I also can success to connect server without SSL function.
but I can't connect the client to the server database with SSL function,the ODBC Manager gives me the following error:
--------------------------
REQUEST RETURN WITH SQL_ERROR

and in the Diagnostic dialog, it returns the following error:

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]SSL connect error.
I had copy the cacert.pem,client-key.pem and client-cert.pem (generated by openssl) to the client's directory: c:\myssl,and in the Connection Options of the dialog box of "Configure Data Source Name" ,I fill those following message:
SSL Key: c:\myssl\client-key.pem
SSL Certificate: c:\myssl\client-cert.pem
SSL Certificate Autority: c:\myssl\cacert.pem
SSL CA Path: c:\myssl
SSL Key: (empty)
what's wrong with me,
I need the correct connect with most urgent,please help me and give me some examples about those SSL options....thanks!

best regards!

--------
ps:

My Client: windows2000,MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.19
My Server: fedora 5,openssl-0.9.8e,mysql-5.0.45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2007 07:10AM by rgb sky.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problems with MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.19
August 27, 2007 07:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.