MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Close DB Connection - myODBC hangs
Posted by: Brian Perconti
Date: March 04, 2005 08:07AM

The problem is this -- myODBC cannot close the DB connection. Here are the relevant facts:
Running
WinXP PRO
mySQL 4.1.9
myODBC 3.51.10

I can make a successful DB connection via the test connection in the myODBC admin, but after the successful message the machine hangs.
I can also make a successful connection going through the interface with a product like Borland SQL Explorer -- I can even view data, changes tables, run querys, etc. The problem is when I close the connection any application using myODBC hangs. In the mySQL Administrator, I have no problems (of course, since it is not using ODBC).

I have a server running on the same machine, but the same thing happens when I connect to any other server. I used to have this problem when I was using CloudMark's Safety Bar (formerly SpamNet). When it was running, I got the error, but when I shut it down things worked. I do not even have that application installed now and it was not even installed on another machine I'm testing.

If anyone can give me any insight on what the ODBC Connector is doing at DB Close, and what kinds of software will interfere with that -- BIG HELP and a steak dinner if you are ever in Tampa Bay, Florida!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Close DB Connection - myODBC hangs
March 04, 2005 08:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.