MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

mysql, ADO and LabView
Posted by: Daniel Ramirez
Date: March 09, 2005 04:10PM

Hi. I'm new to mySql and I want to use it in a LabView (graphical programming from National Instruments) program. For communication I chose to use ADO (specifically myOLEDB). So, to add data I want to do the next:

1. Create command object with the proper SQL INSERT statement, with the respective positional parameters. Example: "insert test1 (numero,nombre) values (?,?)"
2. Create and add parameters
3. Set parameter values
4. Execute command

The problem is that the "execute" method gives error -2147217900, "one or more errors when processing command".

I have seen some VB examples where the positional markers are not "?" but "@name", for example. I suspect that I could have a syntax error, so I would like to know if it is right to use the "?" and if there are any requeriments regarding paramenter names.

If you want to take a look or if you have experience with LabView, check the diagram:
http://www2.udec.cl/~danirami/ADOproblem.jpg

Any ideas, suggestions or documentation greatly appreciated. (sticky on this since monday)

Thank you,

Daniel Ramirez
UdeC, Chile

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mysql, ADO and LabView
March 09, 2005 04:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.