MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: 5.1 ODBC installs but not found
Posted by: David Barrow
Date: March 20, 2008 01:14PM

Just a follow-up and a clunky work-around.

The work-around involves editing the registry. Registry editing is potentially risky - it is possible to cause your computer not to function. The following is provided "AS IS" and I can't warrant the effect it will have on your computer. Use these changes at your own risk.

The problem persists, but what I have been able to do is to install the 3.51 driver (which has some issues) and configure it to talk to the database. I then went into the registry and modified the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\(DSN name) Driver entry to point to the myodbc5.dll file. Then change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC Data Sources (DSN Name) to give the correct driver name (MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver). Our application now talks to the database.

Unfortunately, if I go to the ODBC administrator and attempt to edit the DSN, the result is that the administrator program "Cannot find Driver" and it discards all my carefully crafted settings

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: 5.1 ODBC installs but not found
March 20, 2008 01:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.