MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Connection problems over internet with Windows ver 11-2
Posted by: bob lambert
Date: April 08, 2005 05:39PM

Hi

I have an MS access 2002 front end to mysql 4.1.10 and have been able to successfully use a connection to the db on my local network.

But now I am trying to connect over the internet and am getting connection failure.

I have WXP pro on the server, its behind a router and I am using a no-ip domain name which bounces to my server, which is connected to a dynamic IP. I am using pw for clients accessing mysql db.

I have checked out the no-ip connection, I have opened up the mysql port in my router, I have turned off Xp firewall (temporarily), and I was able to ping my router from a remote ip.

I got the connection to work once using test, but when I opened the access app, it no longer would work (and has not yet). I have not found a good source of documentation on the various versions of ODBC 3.51 so I am not sure if the bug is in the s/w or w/ my system. I upgraded to 11-2 because of issues w/ date fields in ver 11.

I could use some basic troubleshooting advice. I tried to knock down all firewalls but maybe I did not get them all.

One thing, I can ping my router, but how do I ping a pc on my network from the internet ?

If the pc on the network is at local ip 192.168.0.2 but the ip to my router is something else, how do I ping the pc ??? maybe that would help me verify I have lowered all shields.

thanks

Bob Lambert

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection problems over internet with Windows ver 11-2
April 08, 2005 05:39PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.