MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Fix for slow ODBC connection
Posted by: Patrick Allen
Date: August 28, 2009 10:29AM

Greetings,

I wanted to add another "It worked for me" reply to an old post regarding a "fix" for slow ODBC connections.

A couple of days ago I rolled out an application to a number of PCs on the office's local LAN. All of the computers that were running Windows XP seemed to connect at the same speed I'd come to expect from working on my development machine. But the one machine that was Windows 2000 was almost unusably slow.

At first I suspected my LabVIEW application. But I noticed that even the "Test" from the ODBC configuration dialog was very slow compared to the other machines.

I spent some time searching on the forums here, and found a post that suggested adding the following lines to my.ini

skip-host-cache
skip-name-resolve

These two additions made all the difference in the world to the Windows 2000 machine and the application will now be usable. I haven't noticed any change in operation with the Windows XP machines.

The original post was for a much earlier version of the ODBC connector. I am currently using version 5.1.5

Since I couldn't add my thanks to the closed threads, I'd like to do so here. Thanks folks. You improved my day 1000%

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Fix for slow ODBC connection
August 28, 2009 10:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.