MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

How to connect MySQL from ASP in a 64 bit Windows environment
Posted by: John Paterson
Date: September 10, 2009 10:23AM

We're just configuring a new server with Windows 2003 64x installed, 64 bit MySQL (mysql-essential-5.1.34-winx64.msi) and 64 bit ODBC connector (mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5-winx64.msi).

I can't connect from an ASP page using the standard DSN-less string (DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=dbname;UID=userid;PWD=password;"), I get the message "Provider is not specified and there is no designated default provider".

Tried configuring a Systems DNS and connecting via that but get the same message, although I can test the connection from the Windows ODBC manager and it says "Test Successful".

I also notice that if I install our old trusty 32 bit 3.5 connector (mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.27-win32.msi) it doesn't show up in the list of available connectors in the Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator, although it appears to install fine.

Reading (many, many!) articles about this problem, some people are suggesting fixing IIS to run in 32 bit mode, but this seems a backward step.

Surely there must be a way to connect from ASP to MySQL on 64 bit Windows platforms!

All ideas, pointers, help and even better solutions hugely appreciated - I've spent all day on this!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 08:18AM by John Paterson.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to connect MySQL from ASP in a 64 bit Windows environment
September 10, 2009 10:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.