MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Can't setup MySQL DSN on Windows 7
Posted by: Denis Leclair
Date: July 09, 2011 07:08PM

I apologize in advance if there's already been posts on this subject but I can't seem to find one that matches my problem.

I'm trying to write a small MySQL server application for the first time. My intention is to use ODBC on the client side to connect.

All the tutorials I've seen so far are saying that I first need to setup a DSN for my MySQL database that is visible in the "Data Sources (ODBC)" view in Windows 7 Administrative Tools. That's where I'm running into problems. When I hit the "Add..." button under either the "User DSN" tab or the "System DSN" tab the only option I see is "SQL Server". I think I should be seeing a MySQL option there but it's not there.

I've checked and double-checked and I'm quite certain that that the "MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1" server is installed although I don't know how to check if the installation worked properly.

I'm new to this and I'm not sure where to look next. Any help would be appreciated.

Denis

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't setup MySQL DSN on Windows 7
July 09, 2011 07:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.