MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

ODBC Connection over LAN
Posted by: George Best
Date: October 07, 2011 07:40AM

Hi,

I know this has been discussed previously but I am having problems with the issue outlined below, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I have WAMP 2.1 set-up over an existing MS SBS 2003. I have Joomla installed on the wamp server and have made a made a membership database. All this works fine.

There are less than 10 client PC's (all XP Professional) on the network who can access the database information through their browsers, and can edit, view information etc.

Sometimes the client PC's need to access the Database in order to print off Id cards or indeed labels. This is where my problem lies. When I try to connect to the Datasource on the Server (192.168.1.108, using port 8080) using ODBC (5.1 Driver) I can never connect. I always get the error message:

"Connection failed : [HY000] [MySQL][ODBc 5.1 Driver]Unknown MYSQL server host 'http://192.168.1.108'; (11004)"

My settings are as follows:
TCP/IP Server: 192.168.1.108
Port 8080
user: user1
password: password

The users have all been created in phpmyadmin and granted full privileges, and all clients can access phpmyadmin from their browser.

What am I missing!?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Georgie

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ODBC Connection over LAN
October 07, 2011 07:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.