MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: MyODBC 5.1 on Windows 2000 connecting to Windows 7
Posted by: Harold Jones
Date: October 30, 2011 10:18AM

I'm getting the exact same error attempting to connect to a Windows 2003 Server. Though, I think that may actually be irrelevant. What may be relevant is that I am also attempting to set up the 5.1 connection on a Windows 2000 machine.

The error occurs while testing the connection in the DNS configuration panel and the error is the same regardless of which server/platform I am attempting to set the connection to.

Removing the 5.1 driver and installing the older 3.51 version yields the same results ... "Connection Failed:[IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 127 (MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver)."

I think this is more an issue of compatibility with WIN2K than it is with which platform you are attempting to make a connection to.

Specific information for this particular and rather cryptic error message seems relatively scarce, so I am also assuming this is not a common problem.

Best information I have found so far indicates that it is most likely a permissions issue and/or faulty or missing system registry key/values.

If I get the issue resolved, I will follow up with the solution that worked for me. In the meantime, I have lost two days so far attempting to solve this puzzle.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MyODBC 5.1 on Windows 2000 connecting to Windows 7
October 30, 2011 10:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.