MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Problem with MySQL ODBC installer
Posted by: Tony Sumner
Date: March 06, 2012 03:26AM

I am familiar with MySQL but not with ODBC and I want to get ODBC working with MySQL in Windows XP. What I did was:
1. download the connector MyODBC 5.1 and install it
2. run myodbc-installer with no argument gives help on registering a driver and creating a DSN
3. myodbc-installer -a -d -n "MySQL ODBC Driver" -t "DRIVER=myodbc5.dll;SETUP=myodbc5S.dll"
4. myodbc-installer -a -s -c2 -n "test" -t "DRIVER=MySQL ODBC Driver;SERVER=localhost;DATABASE="lets";UID=me;PWD=mine"
5 I then go to Control Panel -> System -> Admin Tools -> Data Sources -> System DSN
and try to add the data source "test". It asks me for the driver and says
"The setup routines for the MySQL ODBC Driver could not be loaded due to system error 126". I understand that error 126 means that something could not be found.
Trying to connect from LibreOffice gave the same error. There is something else I should be doing I think but what? I would love to hear from someone who has got ODBC working.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problem with MySQL ODBC installer
March 06, 2012 03:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.