MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Connection Failedon ODBC - After Moving Server to new Subnet and Changing IP
Posted by: K W
Date: July 09, 2013 04:15AM

Hello

I have just inherited a CentOS 6.3 box (Linux 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 on x86_64) running MySQL 5.1.61.

This was a virtual server running on Windows Hyper-V which I have now migrated over to my VMware estate and changed the IP address on to put it on our subnet.

I can connect to the box just fine, and perform an array of tasks. However I cannot setup an ODBC connection.

The staff who use the database on there reported that their ODBC connections no longer worked (even after they updated the IP address in the connector).

I have installed the MySQL ODBC driver (5.01.12.00) onto my desktop machine (Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit - as are the other workstations trying to use the connector).

When then trying to setup the connector, I point it to the IP of the server (port 3306 - which was the port used before I inherited it and not something I have changed). Using either the username they used previously (dbuser) or root, I am unable to connect. Get the following error every time:

Connection Failed: [HY000][MySQL][ ODBC 5.1 Driver]Access denied for user 'root'@'mycomputername' (using password: YES).

Can anyone offer any suggestions or advice?

I am not a CentOS expert (or MySQL for that matter) - my skills lie in Windows. But I can do basic tasks and thought that simply changing the IP of the server and pointing the users to it would do the trick!

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2013 04:20AM by K W.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection Failedon ODBC - After Moving Server to new Subnet and Changing IP
K W
July 09, 2013 04:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.