MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

linked server unable to begin a distributed transaction
Posted by: Chris H.
Date: August 08, 2013 04:08PM

This is a bit complex, but I've been running a Microsoft SQL 2000 server on Windows 2000 Server, linked to a MySQL database for a number of years. Recently I upgrade the M$ box to Windows 2008R2, with SQL Server 2008R2. Now it seems that we get an error when UPDATING some records:

[Microsoft]{ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] OLD EB provider"MSDASQL" for links server "exmaple" returned message "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Optional feature not supported". [Microsoft]{ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "example" was unable to begin a distributed transaction.

I've tried everything I can think of but to no avail, including simply disabling distributed transactions in the ODBC connection

*Other, non-distributed transactions work fine.
*The MySQL table type is INNODB.
*MSDTC is installed an runinng with inbound and outbound enabled, no auth. required.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
linked server unable to begin a distributed transaction
August 08, 2013 04:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.