MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Error from 32-bit ODBC driver "The connection has been disabled".
Posted by: Matt Allpress
Date: May 02, 2014 12:43AM

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a MySQL database via the Excel add-in PowerPivot using a OLEDB/ODBC connection to MySQL. I can create a connection successfully, can view the list of tables in the database, and can design a query, but when I click either Validate or Finish I get errors. The first error message is "The connection has been disabled". Then the second time and thereafter when I press Validate or Finish I get the error message "ExecuteReader requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed."

The second error must be .NET-specific, but I thought the first error may be coming from the MySQL driver directly, so thought it is worth asking in this forum.

The MySql driver I am using is the MySql 32-bit ODBC connector v5.2.6. (I have set up a 32-bit driver by Start->Run->c:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe)

I am using Excel 2013 Standalone 32-bit, installed on top of Office 365 Small Business Premium 32-bit (the Excel standalone was installed afterwards to give me PowerPivot access).

I have had this working at one point before, I'm not sure exactly what the difference is but I think back then I was using a trial of 32-bit Office 365 ProPlus. I have since uninstalled that and am instead using Small Business Premium + Excel 2013 Standalone. One of the PowerPivot spreadsheets I created back then still works and can be refreshed, however I cannot edit the query (but can edit other non-MySQL queries in the same PowerPivot model).

This does not appear to be related to data volumes as I have tried with a very small query and get the same error message.

Do anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

If not are there any good workarounds? Eg would 64-bit work any differently? (Not my preference since I would like other people to be able to refresh.) Would other drivers behave differently (I have tried a newer version without luck). Or is there another way to connect to MySql?

Any help appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error from 32-bit ODBC driver "The connection has been disabled".
May 02, 2014 12:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.