MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

ODBC Connection failed
Posted by: Jan Osterkamp
Date: June 11, 2014 05:07AM

Hi!

First of all excuse my bad english. I will try my best.

The Company which I work for offers a database program for the finacial sector. This program connects with a System-DSN entry with a MySQL database, which worked fine for a few years.

But a customer tried to install the program and send me this error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

While I tried to reconstruct this error, i got the same Error but can't reverse it.I got it after i deinstalled the ODBC-Connector-Driver even though there was a active connection. I reinstalled the Connector and the workbench but there was still that error.

The Customer even reinstalled Windows but the Error remains. But i have to say that, because the customer is in the financial sector, there are made some changes to the system. For example at the permissions.

I tried to install a newer driver and a 32 Bit Driver too, but still no improvement.

The Systems both have Win 7 (64 Bit)

I hope you can help me!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ODBC Connection failed
June 11, 2014 05:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.