MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

MySQL Membership Roles
Posted by: Ryan Hunter
Date: July 22, 2014 08:19PM

First of all, I apologize if I don't use the correct terminology...I'm not very well versed in technical terminology.

I built a site years ago that connects to a MySQL DB through my web host and queries the database and tables using the MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver. However, I am interested in implementing membership roles to try to create a more secure and structured web site. I really have no idea what is involved in setting this up and what code needs to be implemented to make all of this run.

From what I have read and understand, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that I need to set up a MySQL Membership Provider with .NET or the ADO.NET driver for MySQL? I also believe I need to set up the MySQL Profile Provider and the MySQL Role Provider?

I believe that all of this is different than the current MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver I currently have installed and the the Membership Provider is what will be required to set up to have all the rolls I'm looking for.

Again, please correct me if I'm off on this.

Anyways, I'm asking for guidance in:
1) What do I need to do to set up my MySQL database with membership roles?
2) What connectors do I need and how do I need to set them up?
3) What resources are available that could walk me through step by step on how to accomplish this?

I really appreciate all the help.

Thank you,

Ryan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Membership Roles
July 22, 2014 08:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.