MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

mySQL source not showing in ODBC sources list
Posted by: Lut Teur
Date: August 24, 2014 04:11AM

Hi all

I am new to this stuff - I googled and I did not find a solution to this - sorry if this is basic...

Then I start MS Access and I try to link a table using ODBC, the mySQL source does not appear in the list. But when I go back to windows, it is there. I tried to restart the whole system, nothing changed.

------
This is the detailed story :
I juste installed MySQL on my PC (win 7 64 bits). The ODBC driver was not installed with the installer (404 error, I tried 4 times), I installed it myself from the mySQL original site. I checked that I have the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" installed. I have it with x86 and x64 versions.

I could create the link to my mySQL database with windows 7, under "admin tools / configure ODBC sources". The clic on the "Test" button showed "Connection successful" and the source appears in the list. Good so far ! :)

When I go back to Access, the source does not show in the ODBC sources list.

Did I miss something ? I saw some possible issues between 32 and 64 bits in the forums but the ODBC installer is choosing its installation automatically and I followed the steps... I also read about corrupted registry entries but I did not find any here.

Does someone have a clue ? thanks for you help ! :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mySQL source not showing in ODBC sources list
August 24, 2014 04:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.