MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

MySQL as SQL Server Linked Server
Posted by: Vrushal Deshpande
Date: December 15, 2014 10:34PM

Our MySQL is installed on a 64 bit linux machine and the SQL Server is a 32 bit windows machine.

In our application I have to transfer data from between a MySql Server deployed on Linux machine and a SQL Server deployed on a Windows machine, its both the ways.
We plan to do it by creating MySql as a linked server on SQL Server. I have created a DSN pointing to the Linux Server and it shows "Connection Successfull" when I "test" it.

I get the following error when I try to add the same MySql server as a linked server

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MYSQLDNS".
OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MYSQLDNS" returned message "[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Lost connection to MySQL server at 'waiting for initial communication packet', system error: 10060". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

The DSN I am using is a System DSN. I have tried with a User DSN too.
I can connect to the mysql instance using a MySQL Workbench. I can telnet into it too.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL as SQL Server Linked Server
December 15, 2014 10:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.