MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

MS-Access to MySQL migration - 32bit ODBC driver
Posted by: Keith Smith
Date: January 25, 2015 12:20PM

I am a beginner with MySQL and my knowledge of ODBC connectors is very limited, so please forgive the question if the answer to this is simple.

I am trying to migrate an old MS-Access database to MySQL on a 64bit Windows7 environment via the MySQL Workbench 6.2 'Database Migration' function. It says that a prerequisite is that I must have an ODBC driver installed for the source database. I don't yet have this, so I'm attempting to install a 32bit driver for MS-Access.

I've read various questions & answers on this topic, but I'm still getting nowhere. Answers on the net indicate that I should be using \windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to add the driver.

On both the User DSN and System DSN tabs, I have attempted to add a new entry for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) and specified a Data Source Name and database location which matches my source MS-Access database. After adding them, I can see these entries listed on the User DSN and System DSN tabs, but my attempted migration still tells me that I don't have a MS Access ODBC driver installed. When I check my Windows Registry under the HKEY-LOCAL- MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ODBC/ODBCINST.INI tab, I cannot see anything to suggest that the MS-Access driver has been installed.

Can somebody help point me in the right direction on this ?
Am I making the correct entries via ODBCAD32.EXE ?
Where should I check to ensure that the appropriate driver is installed ?

Many thanks,
Keith

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MS-Access to MySQL migration - 32bit ODBC driver
January 25, 2015 12:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.