VS 2005 MySQL Connector 5.0.1 help
Posted by: David Duvall
Date: October 27, 2006 05:19PM

Hi,

I'm new to MySQL, new to .net, new to VS; other than being a programmer, I'm new to it all. Don't hammer me too hard :-)

I'm running VS 2005, have loaded the 5.0.1 connector and VS tools. When I go to server explorer to add a new connection, it first asks me to select my data source and I'm able to choose MySQL Database (I assume that means I loaded the connector correctly). Then I add my server name & authentication credentials. I get an popup that says "Object reference not set to instance of an object". It's probably something basic, can anyone offer any advice on what to do?

I've searched and looked at the docuemntation links, but must be blind. Can someone plese point me to a link for the connector and VS tools documentation?

Does this connector only work with certain versions of the db? If so, can you please advise which one(s)?

Thanks,
David

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
VS 2005 MySQL Connector 5.0.1 help
October 27, 2006 05:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.