MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException was unhandled by user code
Posted by: QE BBV
Date: October 12, 2009 03:55AM

Dear All,

I just installed Mysql 5.1 and .net connector 6.1.
When trying to configure a sqldatasource in visual studio 2008, i get this error when testing the query:

Message="You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[firstname], [lastname] FROM [giftcard_users]' at line 1"
Source="MySql.Data"
ErrorCode=-2147467259
Number=1064
StackTrace:
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ResultSet.NextResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments)
at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind()
at CssTemps._Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\CA\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\CssTemps\CssTemps\Default.aspx.cs:line 16
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
InnerException:

what is this and how can i fix it?

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
October 12, 2009 03:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.