Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts
Posted by: Kyle Stevens
Date: December 27, 2006 01:33PM

When using the .NET connector I keep getting the message, "Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts". However, I have two Ubuntu 6.06 servers set up. I can connect to one server without problems, but the other one I cannot connect to.

I am trying to connect with both my own .NET applications, as well as the TableEditor sample that comes with the .NET connector, both of which fail when trying to connect to the one server. On the other hand, I can use the MySQL GUI tools successfully with both servers, and used Python to connect and retrieve data from both servers. Everything else I try seems to work with both servers, except for the .NET connector.

I tried very hard to get both computers set up identically, and cannot identify any differences between the two setups.

Does anyone know what the problem might be, or what I could try to get more information regarding the problem I am having? I have searched the forums but nothing seems to work. Thanks for any help.

.NET Connector: Tried versions 1.07, 1.08 and 5
MySQL: 5.0.22
Connection String (from TableEditor):
server=192.168.16.99;user id=userid; password=pwd; database=mysql; pooling=false

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2006 02:16PM by Kyle Stevens.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts
December 27, 2006 01:33PM
December 28, 2006 10:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.