Testing .NET Connector when installed on a Windows XP Machine
Posted by: Ryan Fligg
Date: January 09, 2007 04:58PM

I have a client who has a MySQL Database installed on a linux server on a network. I have remote access to his Windows XP Professional desktop. Our software makes use of the MySQL .NET Connector version 5.0.2. I am having a difficult time in his environment connecting to his database using our software. I suspect there may be firewalls installed blocking port 3306.

I would like to know how I can run a simple test without creating a program to test the connection. I would like a command line app that would allow me to enter connection information and verify this.

I am not a programmer at our company but merely tech support trying to enable a client. I only have access to the client machine and cannot check/change the MySQL database.

I am simply looking for a connection string tester that can be used to test a proper connection after the .NET Connector is installed.

Is there such a utility?

Thanks in advance,

ryanf

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Testing .NET Connector when installed on a Windows XP Machine
January 09, 2007 04:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.