Can't uninstall MySQL Connector .NET
Posted by: Paul Eckert
Date: September 22, 2007 03:41AM

Hi, all:

I downloaded & installed MySQL Connector .NET 5.1.3 on a Windows XP Home system (SP2).

After having difficulty getting Visual Studio 2005 to add it as a data source (see other post), I attempted to uninstall it via the Control Panel Add/Remove programs choice and got the following error from the uninstaller:

An exception occurred while uninstalling. This exception will be ignored and the uninstall will continue. However the application might not be fully uninstalled after the uninstall is complete. -> Cannot delete Performance Category because the category is not registered or is a system category.

Clicking 'OK' in this dialog box simply results in the installer throwing up a dialog box that says "Fatal Error during Installation."

I can't uninstall this via the Mysql.Data.msi file either. Whether I choose Repair or Remove, it fails as above.

Please help.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't uninstall MySQL Connector .NET
September 22, 2007 03:41AM
October 11, 2007 02:19PM
J L
September 30, 2008 05:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.