Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
Posted by: Russ Foley
Date: June 26, 2005 04:55PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to MySQL and here is the problem I am having. I am running Win xp, Apache 2.0.50, PHP 5, and MySQL 4.1. I also am using PHPMyAdmin for the interface for MySQL. The calendar program is called WebCalendar and is located here:http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php?topic=Documentation

I am trying to get a php calendar system running and after several problems and solutions I have run into a roadblock. I keep getting this error when trying to access the database through the calendar program:

Error connecting to database:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I have tried the old password technique, but someone earlier mentioned that it wouldn't be needed for PHP 5. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
June 26, 2005 04:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.