Re: MySQL Connector/Net 6.3.1 install workaround!
Posted by: Pascal Nicolle
Date: May 24, 2010 03:57AM

Hello,

I had the same issue with MySqlConnector/Net 6.3.0 and now it is fixed on my PC.
I do not know exactly what solve the issue, so here the historic of all what I did to obtain finally a valid configuration:

I installed first the version V6.2.3 of the connector but it did not show in the list of data source in VS10. Then I tried to install the V6.3.0 but it failed due to the issue with the "Config" folder. I renamed the "Config" folder temporarily to "Configxxx" and then the install worked properly. After the install I renamed "Configxxx" to "Config". I could see now "Mysql Database" in the list of data source in VS10. Unfortunately the "Add connection" window disappeared immediatelly each time I hit a key. This is the situation you are facing also. Sorry to detail so much all the stages but I think the install/Uninstall of previous version or the failure of the V6.3.0 installation is the cause of the problem.
Here now what I did that fixed the issue:
I renamed again the "Config" folder temporarily to "Configxxx" and uninstall the V6.3.0. Then I noticed that in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\machine.config there is still a .Net Framework Data Provider for SqlServer under <DbProviderFactories>. So I removed it. Then I installed MySqlConnector/Net 6.3.1 and after the install I renamed "Configxxx" to "Config".
And "miracle" now it works.

Hope this can help you

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL Connector/Net 6.3.1 install workaround!
May 24, 2010 03:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.