Could not load file or assembly MySql.Data.dll error
Posted by: Rodney Fleig
Date: February 14, 2011 03:40PM

Ok so admittedly I am new to working with asp or Connector/net.

I created a page that runs locally, but when I upload it and try and view it on my domain I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly ‘MySql.Data.dll, Version=6.3.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have scoured the web to see how to get around this problem and have found nothing of any help. Hopefully someone here can help me. Here is some more information

I am using VS2010.
I copied the MySql.Data.dll to the same directory of my .aspx.
I am using GoDaddy windows hosting.
My web.config is simple and looks like this

<?xml version=”1.0″?>

<!–
For more information on how to configure your ASP.NET application, please visit
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169433
–>

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug=”true”>
<assemblies>
<add assembly=”MySql.Data.dll, Version=6.3.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=C5687FC88969C44D”/>
</assemblies>
</compilation>
<customErrors mode=”Off” />
</system.web>
</configuration>

I have tried to redirect the assemblies using the <runtime><assemblyBinding><dependantAsembly> method. It didn’t work (i think mainly because I don’t know what version to redirect from. I tried using a range, that didn’t work)

I’m really rather baffled. Any help would be great.

Some things I am curious about
1) does GoDaddy install Connector/Net into the GAC? If so what version of the .dll is in the GAC.
2) is it possible that the version of the .dll doesn’t work because my hosting account only supports up to .net 3.5? If so what version do i need to use to have it work with 3.5?
3) How do I fix this error I have a feeling it’s going to be something simple. A rookie mistake

-Rodney

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Could not load file or assembly MySql.Data.dll error
February 14, 2011 03:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.