Unexpected Error occurred in .NET Framework Data Provider for MYSQL.
Posted by: Henry Stock
Date: October 21, 2012 09:52PM

I want to experiment with using MYSQL and ASP.NET using Visual Studio 2005 Pro, but I can't get the Visual Studio Integration to work.

The latest version of the MYSQL Data Connector that seems to have Visual Studio 2005 Integration included is version 6.4.5. After I run the install and open up Visual Studio I get the following Error message while attempting to Add a new server connection in the Visual Studio Server Explorer:

"Unexpected Error occurred in .NET Framework Data Provider for MYSQL. Please contact the provider vendor to resolve the problem."

Needless to say this is a useless error message because it provides no helpful information about the nature of the problem. I can't add any connection using Server Explorer while the connector is installed.

The server that I would like to connect to is one located on my account with godaddy.com, but I will never get there unless I can correct the error that keeps me from using the data connector with Visual Studio.

Does anybody have an explanation of this problem or a method of resolving the issue? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unexpected Error occurred in .NET Framework Data Provider for MYSQL.
October 21, 2012 09:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.