Connection in Medium Trust Site
Posted by: Terry Carroll
Date: March 04, 2013 03:36PM

I just installed .Net Connector 6.6.5 and have tried to connect to a MySql database locally and deployed to my site but get the error message:
System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
I’m using Asp.net with a one page application which only try’s to connect to a database. I’m not using Entity Framework or any other third party tools.
From what I have read the provider must configure their server to allow the 6.6.5 connector to work. However my provider (Go Daddy) will not make any changes in the shared environment so it looks like that option will not work.
I also installed the latest version of the “Workbench” and have been able to connect, make changes to the schema and query the database. How is the Workbench software connecting?
I have read numerous articles describing how to modify source and recompile but I’m not interested in using outdated or hacked software.
Can anyone direct me to a working sample Asp.net application which will connect, query and update data in a MySql database?
Thank you
Terry c.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.