Re: MySql – Authentication with old password no longer supported, use 4.1 style passwords
Posted by: Andrew Lash
Date: August 28, 2013 12:22PM

Roberto,

Thank you for your response. I think what you said was just confirming what I already know.

The problem is really how to change their old passwords or change my code to use their old passwords.

I think what you are saying is that I could downgrade the connector I am using and then they could still use those old passwords made with the old hashing.

So now I am wondering, can I have the old connector and the new connector in the same program?

Also I am wondering if there is an easier way for them to change their password to the new version without having to download TOAD and run it from their workstation on every database?

If I put the old connector in my program can I change the password hashing to the new format with that connector and update their password?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.