Connector/Net will not install. Problem with WebProvider
Posted by: Robert Curry
Date: August 08, 2014 06:45PM

I have seen numerous cases of similar problems but I've never seen a solution. I deleted all MySQL components then, using the installer, re-installed everything which all went fine except Connector/Net 6.8.3. Following several threads, I found I could install Connector/Net using the stand-alone connector installer as long as I disabled WebProviders. Problem is, I need the providers. According to the log file, the problem seems to be related to ManagedWebInstall.

With the large number of similar threads out there, I'm hoping someone has either solved it or could at least say the this is a known bug that someone is working. This has me totally stopped. I cannot reinstall the previous version of connector/net which worked because it has the same behavior now.

<snippet>

10: Action 13:58:37: ManagedDataInstall. Registering data provider in machine.config
10: Action 13:58:37: ManagedWebInstall. Registering web providers in machine.config
10: Action 13:58:39: Rollback. Rolling back action:
10: Registering web providers in machine.config
10: Registering data provider in machine.config
10: Copying new files
10: Creating folders
10: Updating component registration
10: 1: MySQL Connector Net 6.8.3 2: {38157422-F952-42F7-88AA-CC16A63CD109} 3: 3
10:
10: Final actions.
10: Install error

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.