Connector 6.9.3 brakes applications with old Membership and Role Provider
Posted by: Paulino Guerra
Date: September 18, 2014 06:03PM

I´ve experienced this problem in two different machines, one with windows 2008 server (production enviroment) and the other with windows 7 (developer machine). We have several web applications that worked with previous versions of the .net connector (versions 6.7.4 and 6.8.3) and they use MySqlMembership and MySqlRole provider without any problems until I installed the new connector (version 6.9.3), then they have stopped working showing this error: Unable to initialize provider. Missing or incorrect schema.
The reason why I´ve installed this connector is because We have started a new project that uses Entity Framework 6 and Asp .Net Identity 2.0 for authentication, so these technologies required the new version of the connector and this new project works fine, but my other applications stopped working.
So is there a way to have both my already in production applications with membership and the new EF6 project?
Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.