Streaming result set
Posted by:
Date: November 03, 2008 07:02AM

Hello

I have some problems with streaming result set. I get the following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Streaming result set com.mysql.jdbc.RowDataDynamic@f8395f is still active. No statements may be issued when any streaming result sets are open and in use on a given connection. Ensure that you have called .close() on any active streaming result sets before attempting more queries.
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:931)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkForOutstandingStreamingData(MysqlIO.java:2518)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1748)

I need to keep a streaming result set open while some other tables are updated. Looking at the documentation was not very helpful but i found the following info in the bug database:

"Streaming result sets only allow one open result set at a time on a given connection, which also doesn't adhere to the JDBC API (but which is also a trait shared with other vendors, some who open whole new connections for each new statement, and thus aren't capable of running transactions in this mode). That's why it's not the default for MySQL."

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=18148

Is this info still valid?

Are there any plans for allowing a streaming result set to be open while some other tables are updated?

If not, is moving the streaming result set to a separate connection a solution?

Best regards
/Fredrik

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Streaming result set
November 03, 2008 07:02AM
November 03, 2008 01:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.