jdbc(loadbalance) completely fills connection pool
Posted by: Егор Иванов
Date: July 24, 2013 01:36AM

Hello. Currently I'm trying to implement load balancing with jdbc driver, so I'm writing connection string like jdbc:mysql:loadbalance://... But I'm encountering such problem: after some navigation through application I get exception "jdbc loadbalance SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted" (we are using dbcp (maxIdle), hibernate and we're having max_connections=600 in the both mysql nodes). In that time I ask mysql "SHOW PROCESSLIST" and it shows me about 500 connections. Without loadbalance (therefore for only one mysql node) it returns me alltime about 3-4 opened connections...
I have no idea what's wrong... we're using mysql-connector 5.0.8..
Has somebody any idea? Maybe should I provide more information? Any help or comment would be appreciated...

PS. I'd like to say that I downloaded the last mysql-connectior (5.1.25) and this problem was solved. But I still want to know: is there any solution for this bug for connector 5.0.8? - if no, is there any note about this bug that this was fixed in newer versions? Is there any risk when I will migrate from 5.0.8 to 5.1.25? Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 02:15AM by Егор Иванов.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
jdbc(loadbalance) completely fills connection pool
July 24, 2013 01:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.