Re: About connection reuse (NEARLY MAD)
Posted by: Zhili Xu
Date: July 31, 2013 09:36AM

Hi Rick,

As I said in previous comment, the jdbc connecting functionality is programmed by other guys, so I don't know whether any SETs is done after connecting.

Only one point I can confirm is that some errors occur when closing connections. Because when I see the connection pool status in my application, allocated connections are shown as still in use, but on the MySQL side, they are shown as "sleep"(can be reuse?).

And in my last effort, I have removed(apt-get remove) the mysql server components and installed a downloaded version(Debian version), it worked and with no connecting problem. But unfortunately, after I purged(apt-get purge) the mysql-common(or anything related), the connecting problem appeared again.

So I think this should be a configuration problem. Maybe I have misconfigured some options.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: About connection reuse (NEARLY MAD)
July 31, 2013 09:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.