CPU spikes and performance problems with Connector/J 5.1.12
Posted by: Juliano DeCarvalho
Date: December 30, 2013 01:09PM

Hello,

The application I am currently working on is seeing some strange problems seemingly around Connector/J version 5.1.12 and some nasty CPU spikes. We've added some logging statements around com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.ParseInfo() because we noticed that a large number of our threads were spending a lot of time inside this constructor during some of our spikes. SQL Queries that usually take milliseconds to be parsed by this constructor are sometimes taking upwards of 90 seconds to complete.

Our logging shows us that this constructor sometimes parses a few characters, then stops for 100 to 150 milliseconds, then continues parsing the remaining charaters until it stops again a short time later. This continues until some of larger SQL queries end up taking 10s of seconds to be parsed.

I've searched the MySQL bug tracker for any intermittent problems around this code, but I did not find any.

I will attach the relevant data we've gathered from this logging shortly.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
CPU spikes and performance problems with Connector/J 5.1.12
December 30, 2013 01:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.