Date value inserted with special characters
Posted by: Balamurali C
Date: January 03, 2014 06:48AM

In a leaf level table, the value for the created and updated date field stored as 'รต541-06-17 22:93:44'. Based on the observation the value should be '2013-06-17 22:93:44' where the year portion getting corrupted during insert operation to the table.The value is still getting stored in the table, which is weird to me. Requires expert's clarification on the same.

Main problem I'm facing is, after sometime when the insert operation is complete if I execute a select query MySQL goes down. Another weird scenario is, the table gets partitioned (not physically) both horizontally and vertically. say there are 10 columns (ID,A,B,C,D,E,F,CREATED,UPDATED,G) and 500 rows of data with rows between 450 and 470 are having created/updated with special characters. When executing select query with any of the below combination I'm able to view some result set
* ID,A,B,C,D,E,CREATED,UPDATED,G or
* ID,F or
* SELECT * FROM TABLE LIMIT 0,449 or
* SELECT * FROM TABLE LIMIT 471,100
But when I execute any other combination or simply the select clause to interfere with the date values with special characters MySQL goes down.

Few observations that might be of some use or to confuse the situation,
* There's no table lock (INNODB_LOCK entry)
* Recovery mode doesn't help
* Able to truncate/delete table
* Able to recover all the rows using above mentioned queries (move the values to the backup table, drop the active table and rename the backup table)
* When drop and recreate the foreign keys those invalid date values get rest to '0000-00-00 00:00:00'
* Database will hold the internationalised data. Current failure is happening for a specific country user (not for any other field, happens randomly to the created/updated column only)

Technology stack: Java 1.7 + Spring (HibernateTemplate) 3.2.5 + Hiberate 3.x + MySQL 5.5.8

Quick help would be greatly appreciated and the issue is randomly happening in Production environment and not reproduce able in local/development environment

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Date value inserted with special characters
January 03, 2014 06:48AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.