Re: NonRegisteringDriver illegally accessing "protected" member of class com/mysql/jdbc/ConnectionImpl
Posted by: Konstantinos Mavroudakis
Date: November 15, 2014 08:40AM

Hello Jess,

Thank you for your reply.

It is IBM latest Jvm 1.7_64 for Websphere 8.5.5.3 (I can post the exact version when I will be at the office). I have defined a jdbc provider using MySQL connector/j 5.1.33 jar and a jdbc data source using this provider.

In the mean time I have bypassed the issue by installing the last version of connector/J 5.1.34 and the problem disappeared (without changing anything else of course) !

However, I think we could identify this error that Maybe it is a bug...

Please note that my installation is on a single server (Websphere + MySQL) so I have tried with serverName localhost and dns name, and the illegal error was the same.

I think that the problem is that for some good or bad reason, code execution goes through nonregisteringdriver.java class. After that, there is some clearly erroneous call to protected method, that is unhandled and creates the exception.

Best regards,

Konstantinos

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.