Re: Mysqlconnector/J for PXC cluster
Posted by: Yasser Param
Date: March 03, 2016 05:45PM

Thank you for your reply!

Let me explain it in detail -
When my primary node fails, connectorj is able to failover connections to the next node in line. I have a total of three nodes. So far it is good.

Scenario 1:
Using queriesBeforeRetryMaster and secondsBeforeRetryMaster = 0.
When I bring back the primary node, I expected connections to stay in the second node because i turned off automatic fallback using the above two properties(set to 0). But I saw connections to node 2 and the primary node. It is probably because of new connection requests going to primary node and existing connections staying at node 2. This is not a good state because writes to multiple nodes causes deadlocks and PXC documentation advises to limit writes to one node.

Scenario 2:
Using secondsBeforeRetryMaster = 5.
When I bring back the primary node, I expected all connections to move to the primary node leaving no connections in node 2. But I saw connections to the primary node and node 2, which is not a good state to be in.
I have 40+ JBoss application servers and so the chances of connecting to multiple nodes seems to be unavoidable.

Bottom line question - is there a way to effectively limit or control connections to one node only when the primary node is brought back in action after a failure?

Thanks,
Yasser

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Mysqlconnector/J for PXC cluster
March 03, 2016 05:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.