JDBC connection pooling for J2SE applications
Posted by: Madhur Tanwani
Date: April 05, 2006 01:52AM

Hi,

I've been reading material on the net about implmenting JDBC connection pooling using the MySQL connector/J 3.0. And then, JNDI came in between. I'm quite new to the J2EE domain and know nothing about JNDI usage (except basics I picked up from reading on the net).

I understand that the all that is needed to implement connection pooling, is a DataSource reference which can pass on conneections from the "org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver" driver.

However, most methods described on the net assume J2EE conetext - what if i need to implement ConnectionPooling for J2SE apps?

I used the commons-dbcp to implment a BasicDataSource implementation where in the application makes an object of BasiccDatasource type=, which further is used toget the pooled connections. However, with htis I cannoty share the datasource with other simultaneously running applications?

I also see that JBoss proivedies an independant JNP - but I'm not sure about how to use it.

Can any one help in this regard?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
JDBC connection pooling for J2SE applications
April 05, 2006 01:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.