MySQL Forums :: Licensing :: Closed-source software using MySQL Community Edition

Advanced Search

Closed-source software using MySQL Community Edition
Posted by: Angelo Aiello ()
Date: May 06, 2014 09:33AM

Hi all,

I have a general doubt about the GPL license. I hope you can help me finding a clear and straight answer...
Let's say I want to build a java portlet or a java application which connects to the MySQL Community Edition database engine through the official MySQL JDBC connector, which is under GPL license.
Question: is there any restriction, from commercial use and/or copyrights point of view, in importing and using the JDBC connector jar (not the source code) in the project?
I mean, if I just use the jar in my project, am I still free of selling my application and protect it with copyrights or does it fall automatically in GPL license too?

I hope the question is enough clear.
Thanks in advance for the answers.
Angelo

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Closed-source software using MySQL Community Edition Angelo Aiello 05/06/2014 09:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.