MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MaxDB

Problems with Database Restore
Posted by: Sebastian Jaekel
Date: September 03, 2006 01:43PM

Hi Folks,

i hope someone might help me about my problem, i am really frustrated in getting up my database again.

The Problem is the following:

I have a complete database backup of an old 7.3.24 SAPDB . The database worked fine for about two years until a few weeks ago. It seems like the server crashed and it was not possible to get the database up and running again. I tried to recover from the backup but got lot of different error messages. I tried it with several database versions of SAPDB/MAXDB (7.3.48, 7.4, 7.5) but wasnt able to get it working.

What i googled out of the internet seems to be a problem with the log volumes (i had autolog turned on) which i dont have any more.

Do you guys know a trick how to get the data out of the backup and into a new database??

I wouldnt bother you if i were not totally helpless, maybe its a quite simple solution?

TIA

Sebastian

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problems with Database Restore
September 03, 2006 01:43PM
September 11, 2006 07:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.