MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.5, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released. This is a maintenance release for 6.6.x.
This release is feature complete. It is recommended for use in production environments.
It is appropriate for use with MySQL server versions 5.0-5.6
It is now available in source and binary form from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/#downloads
and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point-if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
The 6.6.5 version of MySQL Connector/Net brings full support for MySql 5.6, including the following new features:
- Fix for Support for current_timestamp as default for datetime with ef for server 5.6 (Oracle bug #15935094).
- Added support for new connect attributes feature in server 5.6 (Oracle bug #15935112).
- Added protocol support for password expiration (Oracle bug #15935104).
- Added support for password hashing with appropriate strength for server 5.6 (Oracle bug #15935128).
As well the following bug fixes:
- Fix for bug Keyword not supported. Parameter name: AttachDbFilename (Mysql bug #66880, Oracle bug #14733472).
- Added support to MySql script file to retrieve data when using "SHOW" statements.
- Fix for Package Load Failure in Visual Studio 2005 (MySql bug #63073, Oracle bug #13491674).
- Fix for bug "Unable to connect using IPv6 connections" (MySQL bug #67253, Oracle bug #14835718).
- Added auto-generated values for Guid identity columns (MySql bug #67450, Oracle bug #15834176).
- Fix for method FirstOrDefault not supported in some LINQ to Entities queries (MySql bug #67377, Oracle bug #15856964).
- Fix internal bug "Parser cannot recognize row_count in grammar version 5.6" (id task 326).
- Fixed missing keywords not working as ids (wihout quoting) in parser: value, status, unknown& some unit tests from Arnaud feedback.
- Fix for Datetime precision doesn't work with code first or model first. (Oracle bug #15972773).
- Adding support for Geometry type. Unit Tests included. Supporting server 5.1 and further.
- Added to parser missing "alter user ... password expire".
- Fix for "Debugger error on stored procedure", which is actually a parser bug (parser was expecting decimal both precision& scale), (bug MySql #67975, Oracle bug #16079735).
- Added a more friendly message for error when trying to authenticate with old password.
The release is available to download
You can view current Connector/Net documentation
You can find our team blog at http://blogs.oracle.com/MySQLOnWindows
You can also post questions on our forums at http://forums.mysql.com/
Enjoy and thanks for the support!